Everything you need to know about Gitex Fintech Surge
The biggest Fintech meetup across the region will be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre from Oct 10th to the 13th.
If you’re in the tech space in the Middle East, the chances that you’ve heard of Gitex before are quite high. It’s one of the biggest tech events in the region, that’s been held successfully in Dubai for the last two decades, getting bigger and better every year.
This year they are expecting 100K people to attend over the 4 days!
The Gitex technology week is made up of multiple separate events, based on the hottest topics in the tech and startup space.
Gitex is made up of 7 separate events they’ll be running simultaneously over the week, but the one we are most interested in is 😍Fintech Surge 😍
If you’re in the Fintech space, this is the event you need to go to. Gitex Fintech Surge brings together the region’s best and brightest in the Fintech industry to discuss all the topics within the industry that everyone’s been talking about.
Fintech Investment leads the growth in MENA’s digital economy 📈📈
This industry has been growing at an accelerated pace over the last 5 years leading the digital growth across the MENA region.
🤩Fintech investments in MENA in 2021, reaching a new record of US$280 billion through 664 rounds
💸3 out of 9 megadeals ($100M+) in 2021 were to Fintech companies
📈Fintech remains the highest funded sector across emerging venture markets in the first half of 2022
Fintech surge does a deep dive into the factors and companies powering this growth.
🤩 When? Where? Tell me more! 🤩
October 10th- 13th
at the Dubai World Trade Center
After a highly successful event last year, Fintech Surge this year is poised to be even bigger and better with an impressive lineup of speakers such as:
- Hosam Arab: CEO of Tabby
- Raja AlMazrouei: EVP at Fintech Hive
- Grant Niven: Head of Group Digital at Banque Saudi Fransi
- Masood Khan: CEO of Yap
- Shyam Mohan: VP of Fintech and Enablers at Mastercard
(Alongside some of our favorite Tapsters. Keep your 👀 peeled for more information on that!)
This event consists of 4 days, focusing on 4 major areas within the industry:
- Day 1- Global Fintech Strategy: How policymakers and regulators in the region are finding the right balance between regulation and innovation while removing barriers to entry and growth for Fintech companies.
- Day 2- Open Finance Forum: How Open Finance and Embedded Finance will transform financial services for both consumers and businesses.
- Day 3- Redefining Financial Services: The future of Fintech in the region and the emerging wealth of opportunities and disruptions that will make way for.
- Day 4- CX Forum: A deep dive into the trends and strategies that will redefine the post-pandemic customer experience to meet the expectations of today’s more connected customers.
Other topics of discussion at the event:
Open Banking and PSD2
Regtech and Compliance
Fintech Landscape & Regulation
💫Supernova challenge 💫
For all those Fintech startups out there, there’s also going to be a massive pitch competition at the event with the chance for 4 winners to grab a cash price of US$ 200,000 as well as the opportunity to meet some of the biggest investors across the region. So what are you waiting for? Get your pitch decks ready!